Ooo La La
Arnold & Lane
[BIRDFEED EXCLUSIVE] The duo of Arnold & Lane come thorugh this week with "Ooo La La"!
- How long have you been creating music?
A - Been making music now for about 10 years. Started playing in bands at a young age,
and transitioned to producing about 5 years ago.
L: Iv’e been recording music for sixteen years. Seriously producing music for the past five years.
- What do you use to make your tracks?
A - Ableton Live, and a buncha plugins
L: I primarily use Logic X. But I also work in Ableton.
- How and when did you first discover Dirtybird?
L: I first discovered Dirtybird in 2009 after hearing Claude VonStroke’s “Vocal Chords” track. It was different from anything else I had heard in the house music realm. Also Justin Martin & Ardalan’s track LEZGO blew me away. After seeing Justin Martin play in Santa Barbara in 2013, I fell in love. And finally, after hearing “Don’t Like To Do That” by Cause In Affect, I became infatuated with the DB sound and it completely changed the way I listened to music.
- Which Dirtybird artist would you want to collaborate with the most?
A - Walker & Royce
L: Jeeeeze hard question… Hmmm.. As of now, probably Walker & Royce.
- If your entire life was a movie, what title would best describe you?
A - High Fidelity
L: What Women Want, because I can’t seem to figure it out.
- What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
L: Probably some random HARD event at the Roxy Theatre. Don Rimini was playing and it was the first time I really heard electronic music being played. Changed my life.
- If you could time travel, where and when would you go?
A - 1985. To Join a hair metal band.
L: The 70’s so I could sneak into one of Steely Dan’s studio sessions.
- What species of bird best describes you and why?
A - Bald eagle, because I'm losing my hair.
L: The Kookaburra because I literally make those sounds all day.
- What does Dirtybird mean to you?
A - Quirky, fun, good vibes!
L: A family of birds that keep it dirty, fresh, and fancy. Showing examples of unity through forward thinking sounds.
|01 Ooo La La||Arnold & Lane||